View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 08:50 AM  
Azula
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Bloated tummy / possibly coughing?

Hope you don't mind me triple posting, but I wanted to post an update from the vet.

She has now finished all her meds so I took her to the vet for a checkup. Because it was a different doctor (same vet clinic), the first thing she asked me when she saw Aloy was if she was a young hamster so she was really suprised when I told her Aloy's 2 years and 2 months. She said she looks incredible for her age and that usually you can tell by the way their fur looks if there's something terribly wrong with them.
She felt her tummy again and said she doesn't think it's (that) bloated and cause she has a runny poo she'll keep her off any meds for now cause even painkillers can cause issues with digestion cause they're quite strong. She said because Aloy walks normally, breathes normally, eats and pees normally and becase she finished her treatment, she wants that we leave her alone for now and just observe. She also said the constant crying can be psychological due to stress from meds.

If anthing changes I'll take her to the vet and thankfully the trips aren't stresfull cause the vet is like 5 minutes away from where we live.