View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 09:38 AM  
julie020
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Cage in living room

Oh thank you so much for your replies…super helpful!

I have had him 4 weeks or so and he is still fairly small…lots of long white hair so he looks bigger than he actually is. I will be getting him a big 10 inch wheel when he grows and do have a 10 - 12 inch saucer for his pen. Does anyone have an idea where to get the right size wheel I’ve googled but it’s 7 inches or jumps right up to 12 inches..fit for a chinchilla or rat..I would like one about 8 or 10 inches.

I will try take some pictures later when he stirs (if he does) maybe you could take a look.

No fluffy bedding, I use carefresh and lots of torn up tissues which he loves.

I get a bit obsessed when I get hamsters and go crazy..which is not good for my mental health…Ive put curtains up in open plan to try to block noise from the TV, doesn’t do a thing. I will be glad to get rid of the blanket…I can’t see him if he gets up! This issue about tv noise bothers me the most..I’ve started tip toeing around..

I am grateful for advice about upper levels and tbh my sons hamster did exactly all those things nesting…peeing…food stocks in tubes….now that I think about it! I’m keen on the shoebox idea!

Also does it matter if he doesn’t get up every day. I go to bed early so rarely see him at night…I try feeding at 6pm every night but he just peeps out. Occasionally he gets up about 8.30pm …just when I’m going to bed. I see him more in the morning..but not always!

Thanks very much for advice..appreciated!
julie020 is offline   Reply With Quote