View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 02:12 AM  
Azula
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Bloated tummy / possibly coughing?

I just gave her meds (and bit of baby foor before and after the syringe) and she went to pee and after that started acting really strange. She unpouched a big piece of a dried bug, starter cryign a lot and looked like she's trying to throw up (I know they can't throw up) similar to how yawning looks like, tongue out. She was leaning to the side and did that for a minute or two and then just stopped and started grooming herself. I was preparing to take her to the vet, but then she stopped. I observed her after that and decided not to cause I don't wanna stress her out even more.
She's hiding in her nest now.

I'm prepared that she's probably not gonna be here much longer, but with my previous hamsters I always knew what was wrong. Here she looks great except the midly bloated tummy now, but she's really inactive and squeaking a lot. Before I started giving her meds she was smelly real bad. Idk how to describe it except say she smelled sick, but I think that smell is getting better now after she started taking her meds. Even my bf said she smells better today.