Thread: Help, please!!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 08:06 PM  
Hammy_pie
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Help, please!!

Hello Lilafernim, flowerfairy and Azula. I should have known better! I found out quickly with my first hamster, Hammypie (a Syrian), that the cage they sold me was way, way to small, as well as the wheel. I joined Hamster Central and found all this out within days of finding Hammypie and rectified the situation as fast as I could. I have a forty gallon aquarium and have purchased all new toys and tunnels for Tater & Tot. I do not want to take one back to the pet store, as the living conditions were not satisfactory there. I checked yesterday on both of the hammies (meaning I carefully dug around in the shavings), really worried that I hadn't seen Tot (the smaller one). Both look healthy and fine at the moment, possibly because the cage is big enough so they are not on top of each other. I will attempt to configure another dwelling ASAP. I truly want the hams to be happy and not stressed. I'll update here as things progress. I wish I hadn't felt the need to disrupt their cage while they are settling, but felt I had to see that Tot was okay. I'm looking forward to being able to see both of them out and about. Right now Tot isn't making appearances like Tater. Thank you all for answering quickly so I could make the right decision for these girls. I'm on my way to the Introductions thread to thank Ria as well. Wish me luck, I live in an itty bitty studio. Please tell me the adequate, healthy size a home should be for a Roborovski. Thanks so much for your kindness and help.

Last edited by Hammy_pie; 01-19-2022 at 05:17 AM.
Hammy_pie is offline   Reply With Quote