View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 07:28 PM  
Gingerblood
Newborn Pup

Default Re: My Syrian sometimes destroys her cage!

Yes I did mean bedding lol. I think you are right and she just wants to burrow there. I guess I need to figure out a way to rework that corner where her sand bath is and see if that helps. This is really on the second times she’s done it, but she was in a much smaller cage the first time so I thought that was the reason.

On the idea of reorganizing her enclosure, should I wait until I do a full clean before removing or adding additional items/bedding? (I do think a couple more inches of bedding would do her good.)
If she is making new burrows, I’ve read it’s because their old burrow may have become soiled. She pees in the sand bath for the most part but maybe she owed in her burrow too? She has been in this enclosure for one month and I spot clean every two days so I don’t think it’s time for a full clean yet, correct?

She seems to me like she is very happy! She comes out for attention and will sit in my hand to be picked up. I sure hope she is, I really love her a lot! I honestly never thought I could be so attached to a hamster, but she gives me so much joy! I hope she can feel that and is happy here with me
Gingerblood is offline   Reply With Quote