View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 09:15 PM  
serenity
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Hamster finger injury!! Advice needed

Hey guys, so about three nights ago I noticed that my hamster's finger on her front paw was a bit pinkish, and on the tip of it, it seemed a bit dark brown/black. Her behavior was odd for a few days prior to that as she was in her house more often and hardly on the wheel. But after I ended up wiping it with Saline and monitored her for a few days, I found that she became more active. Throughout the two nights, I gave her fresh food and wiped her finger with a cotton ball and thyme tea I brewed. I am confused because her nail is still on (it has slightly bent to the left), and her finger is still red with the brown/black part becoming a bit crusty but somehow her behavior however has improved, she's more active, drinks her water & food, and walks perfectly fine.

I'm concerned however about what might have happened? I suspect she broke her nail maybe digging.. but from the picture and description does it look infected? Will it heal on its own? I've made an appointment with the vet but the only time I can make one (due to covid) is in a week. I'm worried that she won't make it until then.. I'm not sure how finger injuries work and I'm really worried. Any advice?

I have attached a picture as well for further clarification.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hamsterpicture.jpg (36.6 KB, 14 views)
serenity is offline   Reply With Quote