View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 06:10 AM  
RolyRocks
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Metacam dosage?!

Thank you so much taking the time to share all this with me!

I am definitely going to try everything you have suggested.... I hope you don't mind, I just have a couple of extra questions.

Which baby food do you use? I remember when I bought some to mix with his baytril medication, it had to contain no onions, garlic etc. Then there was the trouble of them saying 'once opened, consume within 24 hours' or 'do not freeze'. So a small portion is safe to give daily? Would you say that equates to about half a teaspoon?

I have taken a look on Holland and Barretts and they sell Roasted Hemp Seeds, is this ok, if not, where do you buy yours from?

In regards to his teeth. I put a new whimzee in his cage a couple of days a go and he has definitely been chewing that. If his teeth were overgrown would he still be able to chew things like this? He definitely takes treats out of my hand ok, but I will attempt to have a look at his them without causing him any stress.

The vet suggested giving Metacam for just a week, I know some people use it longer term for elderly hamsters. Is this more wrong info given by the vet?!

Thanks again SO much for all your help and advice, it is very much appreciated!!
RolyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote