View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 10:17 AM  
RolyRocks
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Metacam dosage?!

Thank you both so much for your replies.

Ria P, it is good to hear that Metacam has been helping your elderly dwarf, may I ask how old he/she is?
I have been prescribed the 1.5mg dog one, is that what you use? I find the syringe is slightly too big and it is hard to get the little amount I need out the end. I have a smaller syringe from his previous baytril medication and I wonder, if I attach a couple of photos, could you please confirm I have it positioned on the correct amount. Loki weights 50 grams.

Is there anything you do differently for an elderly hamster, like feed them things you know maybe aren't the best for them buy that you know they will enjoy. I know dwarfs suffer from diabetes, but when they are elderly do you let them have a few sweet treats and a few more sunflower/pumpkin seeds then they normally would have??

LunaTheHamster1, as my vet prescribed once daily, I guess like you both said I should really listen to them. It is hard though when my sister is telling me to trust her and give that amount but twice a day, that's double the amount he was prescribed! She said "all non savvy knowing hamster vets say once".

I will try and attach a couple of photos separately, one of the dog sized syringe and one of the smaller one, both with what I believe to be the correct dosage.

Last edited by RolyRocks; 01-06-2022 at 11:37 AM.
RolyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote