View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 09:07 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: New Hamster...3 days in...when and how to clean?

Great he’s using the house! Agree leave things in the house for a week or so. It’ll then be quite easy to just move the potty and leave the nest in tact. You’ll also have chance to see where he is peeing and put the potty there. Most of ours have used that middle back compartment as a toilet as it’s near the nest. But I did have one who choice the tiny right hand side section as a toilet! Which meant he landed in it every time he went down the top entrance! Potty wouldn’t fit in there so I just spot cleaned it. I ended up cutting out that rear compartment wall and putting the potty in further away from the top entrance and trained him to use it. Eventually he moved his toilet to the middle back compartment anyway! He was an incredibly neat tidy hamster - a bit “institutionalised” after being born in a rescue and living there for a year.

He probably nested unde the tube the first night or two and then moved to the house after sussing it out.

I haven’t had one of those wheels- they’re quite new - someone else on here has one recently. Great that there is more choice. I want one now! But don’t need it. Only have a Robo at the moment (he has the wood 9” Rodipet wheel- the 9” version is great but I didn’t find the larger version of the wood one very stable).
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote