View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 07:10 AM  
Stubbo
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New Hamster...3 days in...when and how to clean?

Thanks for the feedback...hopefully the enclosure will work for him...I'm aware the tube that I have going round the top is a little small strictly speaking (it's the classic 'for syrian hamsters but not really'), though he went round it yesterday including turning round at one of the corners to go back the way he came so hopefully it will be ok, and if at point he shows signs of it benig too small/getting stuck I'll just remove it and replace with some kind of open makeshift walkway (will take a bit more DIY that the two shelves did to do that though).

Yes it's the Heureka wheel....he's not started using it yet but hopefully in time.

Sounds like it's a watching brief until he starts to display a true habit, and worst case in a couple of weeks we do a clean and find what we find.

Thanks again. All we need now if for him to wake up a little earlier, or us to accept my daughter going to bed a little later so she gets to actually see him, but that was always the risk (as I told my wife who's idea it was...I had suggested Gerbils for this reason but she had a hamster as a little girl and had romantic memories of that)!
Stubbo is offline   Reply With Quote