View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 05:14 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Adoption thoughts

Since writing this original post, a lot of ideas have gone through our heads and we’ve tried what we can. I just wanted to write this as an update and I guess a farewell to the rabbit we ended up naming “babbit-rabbit” lol it just stuck in the end. I can confirm we will be taking her to an adoption centre tomorrow.

We’ve had our ups and downs with her, chewed wires, chewed doors and walls, the hay even caused all kinds of bugs in our home at one point! (Luckily all gone now). She’s made us smile a lot too, cuddles on the bed, her thumping for attention, watching her bitsy, her little face when she gets cuddles. It will be really hard to let her go but it’s the right thing to do.

We don’t know where we will be in the future and all the other pets we know places we could stay with them but with how she is no one would help us, the flats too small, we still have no bathroom and the vet bills would all be too much. It made me feel a little better today though seeing a hamster rescue post about a rabbit they rescued, 6 weeks old constantly being chased by a cat also picked up with 6 dwarf hamsters and a Syrian. I guess at least we can say she had a good time with us and I hope she goes on to something better.

It is also a rabbit (and guinea pig) specific rescue, they let them out often and look for good homes. I’ve spoke to the people and they’re really nice, if she’s got a shot at having a good home anywhere it will be there. I feel more at peace knowing we tried every possible thing to keep her but it’s still sad to let her go.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote