View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 11:09 AM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: What can I do to help my hamster?

You’ll definitely have to contact a vet someway, I’m pretty sure none are completely closed. I know it’s not the same but I did my work experience in a vet and there was a rabbit with a massive abscess. It took them nearly two hours to get all the puss out and if you don’t remove it all it can becomes infected again. It hadn’t been eating and was in a lot of pain. To be honest the fact your hamster has popped it itself is kind of concerning as you don’t know if all the puss is removed, also it could be in his bedding and could’ve ingested it.

I’m not saying 100% a hamster has the same reaction as a rabbit but I don’t see much difference in the importance of seeking treatment in case there is infection. Also if they have the abscess on their side, their pouches actually go quite far down so they could’ve put wet food in their pouch and not been able to remove it meaning the abscess could also be located where there pouch is caused by food. I think a vet is definitely needed to definitively say what you’d need.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote