View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 08:31 PM  
cherryfox22
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Help me get rescued syrians in better cages! Need advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Oh I must have missed the bit about you keeping them! And you’ve already got cages! The cages are a good size - but as you say - need meshing. Agree that meshing them on the inside is needed (if it’s on the outside they could get trapped between the bars and the mesh. Make sure no sharp edges too (I think people fold the cut ends under - and it’s supposed to be hard on your fingers!).

Hope some of the other info helped
The info did help a lot! Their old critter trail cage just had 1/2" bedding, and a food and water bowl, that was it. I moved all the old bedding (some of it was very soiled so had to be trashed, but I kept the nest area shavings) plus added new bedding to make it deeper. I added all the boxes and lots of shredded toilet paper, and they were active and exploring, and very confident hamsters the last couple of days. I will follow your advice for the bin cage move, although I am trashing all that wretched pine shavings. Horrible for them, and they are so darn pokey and track everywhere.

I already mentioned it in my response to another post of yours, but I found the kaytee clean and cozy at Target today
cherryfox22 is offline   Reply With Quote