View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 02:41 PM  
Jox25
Newborn Pup

Question how to get hamster tame

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !
I’m not sure if this is the right place to post as I am new here - So I bought 2 dwarf hamsters together around 3 months ago and I know people say they shouldn’t be housed together but they were so close and never fought, but recently nugget passed away from wet tail. At the start, nugget was the nasty hamster and always bit you as soon as he had the chance and bean was the nice one, but after a few weeks they switched personalities and bean started biting and nugget was really clingy. For some reason after nugget died bean became friendlier but still didn’t want to be picked up by hand so I wear gloves even now. As soon as you take the gloves off he will bite your finger so hard and won’t let go. I’m not sure why he doesn’t like skin because he is the nicest hamster when I wear gloves or even socks on my hand. I always wash my hands before I hold him anyway but he will still bite my hand and I’m scared to try again because he doesn’t let go until you pull away. Today my sister tried and he was fine with her knuckle but as soon as you show him your palm he attacks. Can anyone help? Thankyou
Jox25 is offline   Reply With Quote