View Single Post
Old 12-28-2021, 07:30 AM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: My hamster just attacked me for the first time ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Be careful with the vitamins because hamsters should get all the vitamins they need from their food.
I wouldn't give a hamster vitamins. A bit of broccoli, kale or other greens alongside a good hamster mix is all they need.
And some treats now and again.
He has never eaten broccoli, kale. He just eats cucumbers and salads. He doesn't even eat apples nor cheese.
"GRANULATED MULTIVITAMIN SUPPLEMENT FOR RODENTS AND RABBITS Multivitamin
granulate is an indispensable supplement to your pet's regular food. It supplements the
deficiencies of vitamins, minerals and microelements that are often missing from the daily diet.
The multivitamin granulate improves the general health and well being of rodents and rabbits. It
should become a permanent addition to your pet's menu. The contents of the package should
young, rapidly growing animals, a double dose is recommended.
"

Is what it says in the back. It sounded like a good purchase, but now you're telling me not to give it?
I also bought him other food and sweets and some weird small bridge and other things, such as a new, plastic wheel and water bottle etc. I can't keep using water bowl if he keeps attacking me. I'm truly sad about it, to be fair. I thought I was doing a good job and tried tot provide enrichment and fun into his life and a bigger cage etc, but… I don't know. I'm feeling very guilty and bad. The worst thing is that this change happened overnight.
Maybe I did something wrong and he's angry with me? The worst thing is that when he had bugs and I deep cleaned his cage so many times he never bit me and never was 'insane' and even when he had a rough day and had to spend the whole day in a small cage he never behaved like that. (He spent the whole day in a small cage when I came from the vet and the vet told me to clean all of his things and wait for 8 hours). I haven't changed anything either in his cage. I don't know what happened.

I can't find any reason why he should be afraid of me either and I haven't even changed any of my soaps. He doesn't hiss at me nor make any noises. He just attacks me, but when I have food he won't attack me. He still comes to my hand and eats and takes toilet paper from my hand, but once he realises I'm out of food or toilet paper he starts attacking me. Before that he just walked away and every evening I used to call him and he came to my hand and we went to playpen, but now I am actually a bit scared of him. He hasn't been in his playpen ever since he bit me.

He just woke up and came out of his house and went to eat. I am keeping an eye on him. I'm not really sure if he can see me or hear me typing, but yeah, currently he's just eating. I'll update once he does something strange…Now he's washing himself. That has been his normal behaviour so far, wake up, eat, wash himself / groom himself.

Just drunk some water and now eating again…

Edit: Went up to his cage to show you how aggressive he gets when I am near his cage and stood there for awhile with the phone on my hand. He pays me no attention as for now. I can be next to his cage and just look at him and he acts as if I am not there.

Edit: He took a bath and went back to sleep, but he does look fat… I mean he has always been fat, ever since I got him, but he seems to be fatter even now. Maybe it's my imagination? Anyways, he paid no attention to me. I was scared to put my hand in the cage. I'll just leave him alone. I don't know what to do.

Last edited by ShadowNinjaHamster; 12-28-2021 at 07:53 AM.
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote