View Single Post
Old 12-28-2021, 02:45 AM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: My hamster just attacked me for the first time ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilafernim View Post
I wouldn’t particularly worry about it. My previous hamster never bit me once except for one time when waking up so I understand your concern. I know you say he wasn’t sleeping but it could’ve been absolutely anything. It could’ve been a noise or maybe you moved quickly, even if you bought something home and he can smell it. Or if you’ve stroked local cats it could be anything.

No matter what I wouldn’t worry at this stage, as you’ve not said any other behaviour has been off, it could’ve been a one time incident. If it happens again I could understand your concern but as it is now there’s no way to tell if it was just a simple mistake.
I never handle him when he's asleep, unless I've taken him to the vet before. He attacked me again this morning. He just clings to my finger or palm or anything with his teeth and won't let go.
I don't stroke strange animals and cats. I've had a cat, but that was 3 years ago and I've moved to a different country. I gotta say having a cat was way easier and even cheaper than having a hamster. I've spent so much money on my hamster and yet he's so ungrateful. It's weird. He used to live in a small cage when I got him and he was nice to me all the time. I'll just leave him alone. I'm not the first one going through this. It'll either be okay or I'll be able just to watch him for my entertainment.

Edit: Actually, once my cat bit me and I bit him back and then we had the longest staring history in the history of mankind till he looked away. After that I never had any problems. Maybe my hamster tries to show me that he owns me? Or maybe he really does have health issues?

Last edited by ShadowNinjaHamster; 12-28-2021 at 02:52 AM.
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote