View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 10:06 AM  
Rads
The Hamographer

Default Re: A Hamster Called George

Happy Xmas everybody.

Not posted for ages my late summer had been occupied with rescuing baby hedgehogs, we had an abandoned nest by a young HH mum, managed to save 5 of the 6 babies who grew up with a lot of care and attention into good sized adults all in a good hibernation weight range.

Anyhoo,
George has been well George not much more to say on that matter, he had his 1st birthday on Xmas Eve so he is now officially middle aged.

One thing or two I have noticed in the last week or so he has gotten noticeably rather smelly, he is cleaned out on a reg basis and his loo sand is cleaned and sieved weekly .
The other thing is he has started to lose his coat from where his side glands are and further back so I am somewhat concerned about this, if any one has any ideas please let me know, I do know of the disease where they get an over active adrenal glands and that can cause fur to fall out....
On the whole there is no change to his habits he eats like a horse doesn't hoard much generally seems a happy go lucky chap with the most wonderful temperament...
Rads is offline   Reply With Quote