View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 09:24 AM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: My hamster just attacked me for the first time ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Calm down. I've been bitten many times and you'll get over it. It's not the end of the world. Chances are that your hamster didn't attack you but defended his territory.

Did you do the regular checks like water bottle and wheel working ok in case your hamster tried to tell you something?

Keep in mind that hamsters have poor eyesight and he may have mistaken your hand as an intruder.

I've been bitten by tame hamsters for simply putting my hand in their cage when they didn't want it there, my finger has been mistaken for a dandelion leaf, i picked up a hamster when he couldn't see me approach and a number of other reasons.

Hamsters usually bite when startled, taken by surprise, when in pain or frightened, mistake a human for food etc.

What is so serious that you think he may need a vet? Do you think that he is in pain or ill?
But he has never bitten me before. He uses a water bowl and his wheel seems to be fine.
I tested it again by giving him meal worms and toilet paper from my hand. He took everything and then started biting my palm.

I understand that he can mistake me for a food, however, wouldn't he let me go then? He literally can keep his teeth on me for minutes and he also started cage chewing today, which he has never done before and when I am near his cage he literally keeps running at the place where I am at and chewing that part of the cage.

What should I do now? I have always let him know when I am near-by and about to handle him. Is it possible he's mad at me for some reason? Maybe I hurt him somehow while playing yesterday? I don't know. I don't think I've hurt him, because I love him a lot, but his behaviour is very different today. Also, I hope he's fine even if he swallowed my blood, because my finger was literally bleeding.

I don't know. I'll leave him alone and change change water.
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote