View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 11:54 AM  
jsp
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Conjunctivitis still getting worse after two sets of antibiotics

You have a good memory!

Yes he seems to have mellowed into a lovely old softie. It's odd, because until he got this conjunctivitis, I didn't dare to touch him as he gave me such a bad bite when he was about 4 months old. He's been living a very private life in his massive cage + burrow since then.

However, now that I have had to roll my sleeves up and get on with it, I'm finding that he is a completely different character these days.

I've had to really be quite firm with him these last few weeks, in order to manage to get the eye drops into his eye, and the worst kickback he's given me is to open his mouth once, and then shut it, having thought better of the idea.

I really feel glad that I am having the chance to get to know him a bit better. I'm hoping that I can clear up the conjunctivitis and maybe have some time of knowing him on friendly terms.

I am still going to be quite careful though, because I do think he is quite a nervous chap, and I don't want to overstep the mark.

I thought it might be nice to open his box and give him a few peas in the morning and say hello though, once the eye thing is fixed.

He's still a great big lad (250g) and very keen on moving nuts around and sawing up his enclosure so I think we have plenty of fun times ahead.

I'm sleeping in his room just now because our bedroom is being redecorated, and Roc likes to roll nuts down his pipe in the night and still runs on his wheel so he's still very full of life.

He's 20 months old now.
jsp is offline   Reply With Quote