View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 02:34 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Best value bedding

I am super happy to finally say I have an Alaska cage which I love compared to the slightly small pets at home one I was using when I got Mitzi quite suddenly. I finally decided on this as I wanted 100x50cm but recently got a bird cage because our dove wakes me up by pecking my face every morning, so that now takes up a lot of room but allows me sleep.

I also was using paper teabag bedding, just like shredded paper it looked like which I know is safe but I hated how it didn’t really compact and would regularly need cleaning.

So I was trying to decide between carefresh and Fitch bedding and I only wanted something for around £10 really and I think Fitch has better reviews but the cheapest I could find was a massive amount for £20.

Then I found Katey clean and cosy bedding 24l for £10.50 so I got that with high hopes. I’m super disappointed though, I prefer it to the paper bedding I was using but it only half filled the cage! Also it still seems very papery and I’m wondering how good at odour control it actually is.

Does anyone else use this bedding and recommend it? In which case I’ll just have to purchase another bag, or should I start fresh again and get something like Fitch? Stuck for what to do now as I only wanted to spend £10 and now it’s probably going to be a costly mistake.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote