View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 01:21 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Rabbit Cage Advice!

I’ve actually started a new thread as I might be putting her up for adoption. I got her as my partner said he had loads of experiences with rabbits as a kid but I think he forgets that as a kid your mum does most the caring for them.

She’s absolutely lovely one of the best most tame rabbits I’ve come across but she’s still a rabbit. She keeps stomping the room she’s in for attention and I don’t blame her as she must get bored, we bought a pen but she just tossed it to one side and got out. Today we tried blocking off things using the pen panels but even though they stayed fixed she wouldn’t stop shaking them. When we let her roam she’s straight to chewing.

I’m really upset because I think if she was neutered it would make things easier, at first she got on like a dream with the cat now she attacks her. I know that cat hasn’t done anything to her for sure so it’s not retaliation. The pet store did say she didn’t get on in a pair but I’m 90% sure this would fix if she was neutered.

Main issue I find is space and for some reason hamster things has go cheap online but rabbit stuff costs an arm and a leg. We’ve decided a few things, we’ll try her in a cage in our bedroom which I am against but have her in the spare room at night maybe and cage in the day so she has company. Just until she’s neutered. I’ve also put her on preloved now and unless the PERFECT owner comes along we’ll keep trying with her.

I never want to give up an animal and even as we’re going now I know she’s got a better life than some rabbits who live in a cage permanently. It’s just upsetting because I’m the future if she is neutered we’d probably have to get another rabbit for her company and we’ve already got a hamster cat rabbit and dove in this tiny two bedroom flat. I thought she’d be similar care as the hamster but they’re worlds apart!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rabbit.JPG (171.0 KB, 10 views)
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote