View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 04:20 AM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Adoption thoughts

Thank you so so much for your responses I really thought maybe some negative comments may be said just because I do think there’s a lot of people who buy animals and just don’t care. But I care a lot it’s just this is all a new situation to me. I always research an animal loads before getting one and my partner always went on about his rabbits so in the case I just took him at his word.

I know it seems like it’s creating tension in the relationship but I have called him and idiot for it and he agrees �� but I totally understand his perspective since he was a kid it probably did seem easy. A lot has changed since then as well like they used to use sawdust as bedding and he was surprised you’re not allowed that anymore same with using bowls instead of water bottles.

We have also discussed it but we’re both in the same stage where she is such a special rabbit, but the work is too much. Even the shop said they never get attached but they love this rabbit she is so unique. I just wish she was already like a cat where she’d only chew her toys, use the litter and free roam.

Part of me thinks I’m selfish for thinking of it because rabbits do tend to have a bit of attitude and attack company apparently before being neutered but you can’t do this until they’re six months old and she’s around 2 months. Such as with the cat, the cat actually laid on her side and the bunny curled up with her and the cat was licking her head. Then all of a sudden the rabbit just bites her! She used the cat as a hurdle the other day �� poor thing I gave her lots of dreamies and kisses to say well done for not acting back. I just don’t know if I can last four more months.

I have thought about the criteria list and asking for pictures and I will 100% do this if we were to put her up for adoption. My partner said he’d want to visit the house to make sure they’re not lying but I said that’s a bit excessive! I want to put a lot of criteria and they can take our food and hay and everything of course, but there’s so many rabbits for adoption I don’t know how quickly they go. I see ours as beautiful but even in the shop apparently she’d been there for over a week which is unheard of.

Maybe I’ll just leave it to fate and put her on preloved or somewhere and if someone perfect comes along deal with it then. I just feel teary eyes over it and as I’ve always promised never to get myself into this situation.

They’re meant to live 6-10 years I believe and that’s so long for her to potentially not have a fulfilled life. Also when we need her neutered it costs around £100 I believe which is massive to us. My partner feels she won’t need it and I know I think 80% of female rabbits get something like cervical cancer by the age of six if you don’t do it so that would cause more arguments.

I’ll discuss it more seriously with my partner today and maybe think of getting an ad together, I’ll let you both know how it goes, thank you again for your kind words �� (also do you always add a price, I really don’t care about the money, just a I remember when I was younger there was a raise in pet prices because messed up people were buying pets like hamsters and feeding them to their snakes. I don’t want the money I just want a great home, but do you always put an amount to deter non serious people?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rabbit one.jpg (791.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Rabbit two.JPG (2.60 MB, 7 views)
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote