View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 03:04 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Adoption thoughts

This is referring to my rabbit, but I need general advice from anyone really. I feel so horrible and embarrassed writing this but I genuinely need advice on what to do.

I have another thread I think called “rabbit cages” and I’ve been talking to some people on there and I really feel at a loss. We got her a 5ft hutch that she has open and free run of the bathroom. But this only fits currently as we had a leak and the sink was removed, so this won’t fit in any other room.

I got a large pen and someone’s just linked me to a page showing that even that is too small, I’ll link a picture but you can see it takes up what room is left in the lounge. Also she just flicks it up and runs under it!

We live in a tiny flat and this sounds horrible, I don’t like to blame but my partner said he had eight rabbits as a kid and they were so easy to look after and this rabbit was supposed to be his pet. But I think even his realised it was only easy because they had free range of a hardwood house and his mum paid and cleaned everything.

I’m really upset and angry because he wanted the rabbit and he hasn’t actually done anything for her accept play with her at times. I bought her a litter tray hay proper bedding and litter I buy her fresh veg. He hasn’t even named her and she’s been here for almost a month now (I’ve secretly named her florentine as rabbits originate from Spain and it’s a nice Spanish name).

I’m so stressed because I already look after the hamster and the bird and none can be in the same room at the same time. The rabbit costs a lot, needs a lot of space and playtime and I can’t do it alongside my other pets. I missed out on an Alaska cage for my hamster because we bought the rabbit pen and I’m distraught over it 😥

Has anyone ever put an animal up for adoption? I don’t want to because I’m worried a new owner would trap her in a tiny cage for the rest of her life in which case I know I’d give her a better life than that. She’s amazing but I’m struggling and I’m lost for what to do. Her and the cat got on so well then suddenly she attacked the cat today and the cats terrified.

Any advice?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Run.JPG (2.44 MB, 8 views)
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote