View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 01:15 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Rabbit Cage Advice!

Currently she has the entire bathroom, but she can’t live in there. I actually got her this pen:

VivaPet Outdoor Octagon Rabbit Run Cage Pen with Sun Protection Net Cover, 55-inch, Assorted Color, Black or Silver https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0064NOR...Q8WKS1RZPDN61C

Which I guess is small by what’s recommended there but it takes up the entire living room. Not only that it’s useless because she just flicks it up with her mouth and runs under it so she’s back in the bathroom 😔

I actually don’t think they should sell rabbits as pets, like she’s got the pen, full reign of our bathroom plus sometimes run of the hall and it’s still not enough. Yet some people use those 4ft by 1ft cage so I couldn’t ever give her up knowing someone else might put her in a tiny cage!

They’re certainly not low maintenance, my hamster is an absolute dream to care for ❤️ I love the rabbit and she’s so sweet she licks everything and even if they’re not meant to she’s adopted a teddy she sleeps with, I just wish we had a big home for her rather than this tiny flat.

Not only this but when neutered they say you must get a second rabbit but this is a lot already. I’ve never felt so conflicted about an animal 😢
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote