View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 05:54 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Say hello to Pip (Aka Pipkin)

Pip. It’s about time I started some taming and had him out of the cage - if I can get organised! He is well and truly settled in and now comes out earlier - early evening - and makes quite a racket to get your attention. Amazing how much noise a tiny little thing can make! We kept hearing these noises and thought- what on earth is he doing? What he is doing is throwing food out of the cage through the bars! Lots of food on the floor. Cheeky Robo. I think he is saying he wants feeding earlier as nothing else to do at that time. It’s a good reminder for what time to feed them as well .

Pickle seems to have learned from this and also started making a racket a bit later. Either rattles his water bottle or jumps up and down on his terracotta tray which rattles a bit.

So I’m getting the message that feeding needs to be earlier in winter.

Pip interacts through the bars but won’t take food from the palm of a hand and hides from it. He did venture out to take one of his favourite tiny friends sticks from me - at sticks length from my hand. He’s not happy with a hand in the cage though so probably needs some hand taming now. The good thing is he doesn’t entirely disappear or hide away - he stays out in the cage but goes away from you and partly behind or under something - but keeps popping out again. It’s like he wants to but doesn’t want to!

He is looking a bit more Robo like now. Filled out a little bit but still doesn’t have the fluffy Robo look really - his fur is very sleek at the sides. He is still teeny tiny and full of gung ho personality.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote