View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 05:13 AM  
LlamacornBob
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Sunflower Seed Controversy

I'm actually still looking for a food mix for my hamster and the one he has now doesn't have a brand but it has 17 protein, 7 fat, and 9 fiber, and if I remember I think it had 28 variety.

I understand the comment about how it truly is fatty, but I'm wondering also because of this "jollyvit seedmix" having quite the sunflower seeds but still ending up with 2.5 fat, this will never be a seed mix I would buy, of course, I'm just looking for references to find the best food mix for my ham. ( the photo I have shown is of Jollyfullvit)

but still, I heard so many times about how seeds in general are fatty, like how hamster food mixes usually have quite the amount of millet, yet millets are too fatty for some variety of birds, I mean I have no say on the birds-eye view of things but it really baffles me how this works especially since a lot of the food mixes that actually have decent stats almost
all have this amount of sunflower seed.

I recall that one time when every tablespoon of food mix ,I get 5 or more sunflower seeds but also a lot of the other seeds as well, so I wouldn't say the sunflower seeds take up all the space

Last edited by LlamacornBob; 11-04-2021 at 05:20 AM.
LlamacornBob is offline   Reply With Quote