View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 09:09 AM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: I think my hamster has some health issues? I want to confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
So your gut instincts were right - they were bugs on the hamster and sucking his blood - maybe some kind of ticks. I do hope this has solved the issue now. Don’t worry if it sets taming back a bit - he may just need some time. He will not have liked all the palaver of going to the vets - and another cage clean - so may be best to leave him alone for a few days till he gets back into a routine. They never like being woken up anyway and it can be instinctive to bite or hiss if they dont know what’s going on and have just woken up.
But he was hissing while sleeping and that's when I woke him up? So when he squeaks or hisses in his sleep I shouldn't wake him up?
He didn't hiss at me. He woke up and had his classical sleepy eyes and I talked to him and petted him and gave him a worm and he went back to sleep.

I've played with him daily too and whenever I open the cage door he tries to come out of the cage.
(Before he never did, but now he's pretty much climbing out of the cage when he I open the door).
Today he stepped on his water bowl and I've heard that hamsters can't get wet. I hope he's fine.

I'll have to go back to the vet in two weeks and he told me not to clean the cage. I haven't seen bugs yet.

It is also possible that the previous person who lived here had pets and that's why there are bugs now? It doesn't make sense, but that's what one of my friend said.
The vet asked me if I have any other pets though or if I had any other pets before him too.

I hope he's fine. Hamsters don't live very long and I don't want him to spend his life in stress. I want him to feel loved and happy. So far it's been difficult.
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote