View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 12:01 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: New Hamster Owner, Inherited 20g deep tank

Thank you for your response!

For food by the way I just use Harry the Hamster it’s around £1-£2 and it’s one of the few that are approved, they also really like mealworms which are also cheap but freak me out a little 😂 I know you can get more organic ones but it does get more expensive.

Zoo plus is also a really good website to find new hamster things that don’t break the bank, alternatively gumtree and Facebook market place are really good for secondhand things. My cage was only £10 on marketplace and I sold the cage she came in like you could do so then you don’t really lose any money.

I understand the struggles of student life 😂 I have found some foam mats on Amazon for £11 that should cover a basic run. Is yours that dog run one? I’ll send a link to confirm:

Amazon Basics Foldable Metal Pet Dog Exercise Fence Pen With Gate - 30 Inches (76 cm) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075898N...ing=UTF8&psc=1

It seems massive on pictures I wouldn’t mind one same height just slightly smaller if you know of any?

Also unfortunately we’re all carpet apart from the kitchen which is small and the bathroom which she’s currently in and has free roam in but it’s not ideal. There’s no window and we can only let her out in the hallway so not getting much quality bonding time with her like that. Just the hutch is too long to fit in the bedroom.

I was thinking maybe trying to get some off cuts of carpet or wood maybe see if I can get it cheaper, I did also find some canvas cover for another pet cage but think it would work. Just don’t know if it’s too thin for rabbits.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote