View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 03:57 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Rabbit Cage Advice!

I’m hopefully posting this in the right section 🙏 sorry to bother hamster chats!

We got a rabbit over a week ago, such a lovely friendly little girl. We have a hutch with a solid base 5ft x 2ft but the problem is we have a small flat.

It only fits in the bathroom and we keep it open so she has free roam of the entire bathroom, but every time we open the door she tries to sprint out, and the only way I can let her have more space is close all bedroom and kitchen doors and just let her in the hallway. She keeps trying to chew wires too and I know you can get covers for them but we have SO MANY. And it’s not like clusters so we’d only need one or two, I’d say we’d need 15 covers minimum which isn’t practical.

I know she’s bored and I try and spend time with her but this isn’t fair. I want a cage that will fit in our room to spend time closer to us. I’ve looked online for a cage and the best for the price we can afford is 120cm BUT I know the cheaper and bigger option is play pens like dog pens.

So I found one I think I like it 9sqft total run space and adjustable shape so can fit in our room. But there’s no floor, what’s a suitable flooring? We only have carpet in the house aside from bathroom or kitchen which goes against the point of having her spend more time with us.

I need something cheapish, easy to clean but comfortable for the rabbit as well

I’m just lost as I don’t know whether it’s cheaper overall to get a smaller cage which I don’t want but practically is better, or get this play pen which is perfect size but has no floor so could end up costing for flooring. Also bigger would be better, as once spayed I want to potentially look to adopt another rabbit to keep her company in the future. Apparently it’s better after having them spayed.

Any advice?
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote