View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 10:07 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Which size Rodipet Maze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara H View Post
Thank you so much for your detailed response, lots of information I hadn't even thought about.

I did see on another post that someone had removed some of the Rodipet walls but that seems a bit of a shame considering the cost. I did see a Getzoo one on Amazon which I didn't even realise they sold but it doesn't have many rooms -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Getzoo-Leyl...upplies&sr=1-3
Yes that’s the other getzoo one I mentioned. It’s ok, but the main room has an entrance/exit on both walls - one to get into the main room from the front door/passageway- and one leaving the main room to access the ladder. Just makes it tricky to fit a toile corner in and a nest as well - without blocking one of the doors. However it’s ok and dwarf hansters don’t need big litter trays. I think the other getzoo one is better.

I also think it’s the labyrinth aspect they like because it’s dark inside- not necessarily the rooms. But they like the Rodipet ones with rooms too.

It’s true they don’t always use all the rooms but one side is just for access snd I think they still go there and like the darkness - even if they only nest, hoard and pee in two or three of them. Badically one side of it is like a passageway for the top entrance.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote