Thread: Mites?!
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 03:37 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Mites?!

To be honest I thought it was too small to be a moth. It’s about the same size as a screw head, very small. I haven’t seen anymore since then.

I did think about baking as when I collect things for my hamster when I’m out I always bake them before giving them to my hamster. But as hay is so flammable I don’t know if it’s safe to?

I don’t think I could kill another animal 😔 it would be a sure way to know but I’ve grown moths before and you come to realise how incredible they are to become what they are. I am WAY to soppy over animals.

At the moment I’ve kept the same hay in the hutch as she originally had and I’m thinking of getting rid of it entirely and just using wood based pellets. I got some Timothy hay today for the rabbit as it’s meant to be better to eat and I’m just giving her the amount to eat then keeping the bag in another room.

It’s lovely having a rabbit but when my partner got it I thought I could use some of my hamster stuff for her. They’re so different! As you say they hay is normally small quantities for hamsters, treats and food are different, rabbits have super sensitive stomachs, water and litter is different, bedding is different. They’re worlds apart! I just really hope having a rabbit doesn’t accidentally harm my hammie such as mites in hay, and I guess visa versa if I accidentally leave hamster treats out.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote