View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 10:43 AM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: I think my hamster has some health issues? I want to confirm

I'll go to the vet as soon as possible. My friend promised to come with me to translate (since I live & work in a foreign country and don't speak the native language of the country and many people here don't speak English.
My hamster is squeaking quietly and has a bald spot.

Untitled - YouTube

You can the bald spot & you can hear squeaking on the video (he's squeaking very quietly). Never heard such quiet squeaks.
He's still very friendly.

Edit: If my hamster dies I don't think I'll get another hamster. I have realised I don't know anything about hamsters and cats and dogs (my previous pets) have been easier to handle.
I can touch my hamster and I was petting him and I didn't notice any bugs, but he keeps moving a lot even in my hand and I don't want to forcefully hold him still. I haven't noticed bugs anywhere else and I don't know how to take pictures of the bugs. They're too small and all you'd kinda see are small black and red dots and they the pictures are very foggy. + they keep moving Now that I've cleaned the cage is clean again. I cleaned my apartment yesterday and I know hamsters don't like deep cleaning, but it's difficult to spot clean and I haven't managed to toilet train him yet. I've read online that it's impossible to toilet train an old hamster, but I have no idea how old mine is. I really do love my hamster, even though I'm a bad owner (unfortunately not the worst one), but yeah…I mean my hamster is probably happy with me, because whenever somebody visits me my hamster doesn't pay any attention to them and keeps looking at me and coming right at me, which I wouldn't have expected from a hamster. He probably doesn't hate me, since he hasn't bitten me nor doesn't hide from me. The thing is I just don't know how to take care of a hamster. I didn't expect it to be so difficult. I bet we're both stressed out. I thought hamsters are very easy to take care of and handle (which is probably a myth). I just want him to be happy, but I have no idea how to make him happy.

Last edited by ShadowNinjaHamster; 10-24-2021 at 10:56 AM.
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote