View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 06:25 AM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: I think my hamster has an internal tumor…

I might be absolutely useless in advice, but I’m really sorry this has happened and I totally understand.

I recently had a hamster pass away and thank you to everyone who responded to that. I don’t know what it was because it happened so quickly. She lost her appetite a bit, was drinking more. The day before she passed I noticed she had a limp and I felt bumps on the side but not an alarming size. She had been sleeping more but as she always slept I didn’t think this was unusual.

When she passed away her stomach had basically erupted, I don’t even know how it happened I’d put her back to bed after checking her in the morning, and by the afternoon she was huge and she was freezing. Her tummy was purplish in colour too it was awful to watch.

I thought it could be a tumour, or some people suggested pyometra (i think it’s called) which is an infection of the uterus and common.

To be honest I don’t know what happened, and it sounds similar to your situation. Mine passed very quickly, she was ill in the morning but not to the point I’d thought she’d pass away. That’s not to say it’s the same as yours.

I’d take her to the vets if you can, and ask them as if it is a tumour, they may say there is very little they could do anyway since hamsters are such small animals.

Not that it probably would’ve helped but when my hamster was ill I found out about hamster multivits and colloidal silver. I’d ordered some but it didn’t come until the day after she passed. Colloidal silver is a natural antibiotic that fight infection and the fact it’s natural means that it should be safe, I have seen lots of people say it’s saved their animals lives and when they’re in that state I think trying anything is better than nothing. I do need to emphasise that it has not been tested and you should go by what your vet says though.

I’m sorry I can’t be more help. Hope everything works out okay x
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote