View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 06:59 PM  
abbyy

Unhappy I think my hamster has an internal tumor…

I have been going to bed early in the past few days for school so i haven’t seen my hamster in 3 days. I went to go clean her cage an hour ago and her abdomin area is HUGE. (My hamster is a Syrian female who is 2 years old.) She has been a healthy weight her whole life so it is very scary to see how huge her abdomin is. I have noticed that she has just been suffering from normal effects of aging but this happened very quickly and i am very distraught.

I have been looking online and all of the websites say it’s most likely an internal problem. I would love to take her to the vet, but she is already old and i’m not sure if it is worth the money to attempt to save her if she would only live a little longer. (i would also like to note that i am concerned about money because our dog is getting a 1,000$ surgery in 2 weeks to get a tumor removed and to see if it’s cancer.) And i litterally hate to say that because i love her to pieces. I really don’t want her to suffer though, so i have thought about maybe i should get her put down at the vet??

I guess i just wanted to know how long do you think it will take for her to pass on naturally? (i would hate for her to suffer for a long time) Also i guess i just wanted some feedback from someone else.

Thank u if you reply
abbyy is offline   Reply With Quote