View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 03:41 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Syrian hamster died one year old with bloated tummy

Thank you all for your kind words ❤️

I’ve really appreciated all the support and suggestions. It is hard dealing with a death of any animal and for me dafdaf was particularly difficult given the sudden circumstances.

She was way too young and I feel I missed out on her lifetime of giving her a good life. But now in a way I felt she guided me, she supported me and I am thankful for every second with her.

I can hand on heart say there was only one single night in her life where I wasn’t home with her. I’d asked my partner to look after her while I was out and I remember freaking out and he didn’t get it. But I knew hamsters have such short lives every second she was awake I wanted to be there with her making her happy. I used to even set alarms at two in the morning if she’d been sleepy earlier, and spend an hour with her then sometimes. It was excessive but I’m glad I did that now.

I miss her, I’ve got pictures up around the house and her favourite toys I keep. Losing her guided me to this forum which has helped a lot, and not only that, taught me a lot.

Recently I rescued a hamster I’ve named Mitzi and slowly but surely she is getting adjusted. At first, I felt guilty, mainly because I’ve changed things since daf daf and I feel she missed out. But there’s another part of me that thinks daf daf is there with us enjoying all the new things also. I think she’s also looking after Mitzi because the progress of how this hamster has changed since I collected her is incredible.

Daf daf will always be in my heart, and she’ll always be the one that taught me so much about how special a hamster can really be. I love her, and even now I’m learning because of her.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote