Thread: My trio
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 08:52 AM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Re: My trio

Update

Bella and Pebbles are doing well. We're still unsure about PRA with Pebs but she does have KCS and the vet thinks this is caused by an autoimmune disease attacking the rear ducts. She's been on 2 different types of eye drops to find one that works and now we have she needs to stay on it for the rest of her life. We do think her eyesight is failing though which with her age and other symptoms indicate PRA which sucks.

Bella has got a health check next week. She's 7 next month and is showing potential joint issues like early arthritis. She's also showing signs of canine cognitive dysfunction syndrome (canine dementia). She's been seen on and off for a few months regarding strange behaviour but vets have ruled out pretty much everything else. We'd need a brain scan to rule out tumour but she fits the criteria set out for CDS so who knows. Beau had a brain tumour and this is completely different and everyone else we speak to says 'oh she's got dog dementia then?' I didn't know it was a thing until people started saying it so I went to trusty Google and it's scary how much of the criteria she meets. Hopefully we'll know more then.