View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 06:53 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Say hello to Pip (Aka Pipkin)

So after that I tried offering Pip some food on the palm of my hand. Lol! He only comes out at night at the moment - around 11pm. But seems well settled in and not bothered if anyone is in the room.

So he was on top of his house roof and I put my hand nearby with food on one night. He hid in a tube a couple of times but kept coming out to investigate. Eventually he decided the hand wasn't scary but turned his back on it and sat and had a wash instead.

So the next night I tried again. This time he had gone into one of his hides in the cage so I put my hand in front of the hide this time. Tried cheese instead of sunflower seeds. Anyway he frightened the life out of me! Ran at me so fast he nearly shot out of the open front door, making me squeal! But at the last second turned and ran up the ladder instead. Phew.

I now have cushions on the floor in front of the cage in case he tries that again!

He was seeing me off! He likes his cage - is well and truly settled in and confident in it.

So I've gone back to talking to him again for now and he seems comfortable with that. He'll come over to the bars to investigate for a few seconds. But is definitely territorial about his nice habitat.

I kind of think he wants to come out. He was sort of watching when Pickle was out the other night. I'm not going to rush it though.

He loves the Tiny Friends yippees. They're not the healthiest of treats but not bad and popular with both hamsters. He sits and gnaws on one loudly for ages - good for the teeth.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote