View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 04:52 AM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Syrian hamster died one year old with bloated tummy

I have heard of this before but she was always so clean, I never really though that would happen but I know it is common.

Could you ask your mum for me if it’s a painful death? She looked like she was but I don’t want to think that she was as I couldn’t do anything to help…

Also in the last like 20 minutes of her life, she started sort of ‘fitting’ but it almost looked like she was running on her wheel. I like to think she was hallucinating and was happy because she’d bend her back slightly and her little legs went (almost as if she was running). It was awful to watch but I hope she was just running on her wheel.

Thank you so so much for asking ❤️ It’s nice to at least have some idea of what has happened and it does sound like that. It was her abdomen we first noticed and it did happen very quickly. I had checked for discharge and she only got wet tail on the last day really.

Could I also ask, for future reference is it best to always get cervix removed early on? Or would it be something vets can only do if the condition develops? I know they’re tiny creatures so it’s probably very difficult to do and I wouldn’t want to cause a hammie a poorer quality of life by having this done.

Thank you again!
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote