Thread: Courier service
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 03:09 AM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Courier service

Thank you so much!

I’m excited but very nervous. It’s good to hear though that you felt the same doing this. Makes me feel less alone this forum.

Thank you for the advice, I know they normally say with a new hamster after bringing home leave for a couple of days but like you say, I wasn’t sure as she was a rescue if they need more time. I’ll try what you say and for now only talk to her so she gets used to my voice.

The only reason I’m selling daf dafs cage is because it’s slightly on the small size and tall. I always wanted to replace it but never got around to it so new hammie gets everything prepared. I feel so guilty though because daf daf would’ve loved it!

I have got some pictures up around the house now of daf daf, and I’ve kept her home and wooden car as they were here favourite things. I hope daf daf understands and like Henry for you, I hope daf daf will watch over nibbles.

Henry is very cute by the way! I think they would understand what we do. I hate it because it’s another ‘hamster’ it feels like you’re replacing them. But I keep saying to my partner, no two hamsters I’ve had has ever been the same, i feel in my mind it’s like losing a friend, and you’re just doing what’s natural which is making a new friend. Not to replace, but rather to have the support and bond, do you understand what I'm trying to say?

I do wish she was still alive, but she’s gone and there’s nothing I can do to bring her back. I always said if ever she got ill I’d pay thousands to make her better and it happened so quick I never even got the chance.

Hopefully though, even if nibbles has anything underlying, I’ve learnt from daf daf that these things can sometimes just happen and it’s about the life you did give them. And she was so loved and spoilt rotten. The amount of times my family told me the things I did for her was excessive 😂 I’m happy I did do all of that now.

She even came for a short holiday with us once when we had a burst pipe and had to be relocated. She actually loved it! I’m just happy I did do all I could with her.

Sorry, I’m feeling very melancholy today so I’m blabbering 😂 just a lot of emotions I guess?
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote