Thread: Courier service
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 12:58 AM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Courier service

I only had to pay because it was a new ad. Anything under twelve days old you have to pay for a membership to message. I had the same with my partners cat and that was an interesting day getting her!

Yes it is Nibbles! And I can confirm I am collecting her today.

I did get a suitable cage off of Facebook the other day based on what you’ve said. (You wouldn’t believe my luck, after getting a basic correct sized one BOTH an Alaska and a savic plaza came on the next day near my location!). I am also selling daf dafs cage today which is heart breaking, but I keep telling myself I can’t keep a cage as a memento of her 😅

I asked the woman to have her without the setup (as I’d now bought the setup) and she said £15 just for nibbles so I thought I’ll just get it all for £30 as it is a savic plaza. So now I have to sell the cage I got the other day plus any duplicate equipment 😂 but this way nibbles keeps her home.

I am a little worried, on one part. It says she’s not had much attention and every picture is of her inside the cage which tells me she’s not been handled a lot. I hope she’s called nibbles for what she does to food and not hands! Of course even if she does bite I know this is a handling problem, any advice on best way to approach?

I know eating food out of hand helps, and scenting my hand with the bedding. Daf daf never bit us once (except when I heard she had a nightmare and I loved comforting her so I shoved my hand in maybe a bit too soon!) my smaller breeds did at first, but they came to pretty quickly. To be honest my main worry is having a screaming hamster, as my first (Russian dwarf) screamed when we got her if we went near her 😂 that terrified me!

I had also gone on some waiting lists for breeders but the courier turned out to be more than I thought so I was worried. But I was happy knowing I probably had a month to process things. I saw nibbles though and she’s very close, still young, right reason. I didn’t want to miss the opportunity.

I’ll be honest though, I did cry ast night as it is all overwhelming. I hope daf daf in heaven doesn’t see this and think I’m replacing her because (sorry nibbles!) daf daf was so gorgeous and lovely nothing could come close to replacing her. I guess I’m also worried if nibbles does the same things daf daf did, would it upset me or make me laugh like with daf daf? I just really do want to give nibbles the best life and I love having a hamster in my routine. I feel really discoordinated at the moment and I’m excited but nervous.

Anyway, I’m getting her this evening so no picture today as I want to make sure she settles a bit first. I might also think of a new name but nibbles is starting to grow on me 😅 Thank you for all everyone’s help! Hopefully I’ll have some updates soon ☺️
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote