View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 06:04 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Flummoxed by the pantry moth

Aaarrrgh!!!!
I saw a pantry moth on Rodney's house!
They never completely disappeared and i saw one or two every few weeks. Not enough to worry about as long as they stayed away from the hamsters.

I cleaned the spare Hamster Heaven from the greenhouse and set it up with a very basic set up then moved Rodney in.
The poor hamster was so upset when he realized that he can't go home but he has calmed down now. I'm sure that he's not happy though. Poor little thing.
I moved him in a different room for now because i want to check and clean the whole area around his cage

I chucked a lot out and reordered, soaked the cage and wooden items overnight and threw the substrate out. I couldn't see any moths in the bedding and hadn't seen any in Betsy's either. Now of course i wonder again if i overreacted and upset Rodney for nothing.

Rodney's cage needed a clean anyway and some of his things were inherited from Henry so started to look a bit shabby and he gets it all replaced. I also ordered him a Silent Runner because he seems to like an enclosed wheel.

I have no idea where these moths come from. The one i saw tonight was an old one and on its way out even before i got it.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote