View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 10:34 AM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Syrian hamster died one year old with bloated tummy

I have thought long and hard on this now and I really don’t think it was anything constipation related. (Either way I am still going to use paper bedding only from now on)

The report below describes the type of constipation you’re talking about and it describes it at the lower end of the hamster. It also says the anus can prolapse which I’ve linked a picture of. I also will put another image showing constipation at the base of a hamster.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/servi...en_hamster.pdf

The more I look into it, the more I think it is some sort of tumour. Again I’ll put two pictures below but I couldn’t find much on ruptured ones. Only lumps.

I also found this site below where the tummy had bloated and was a purply colour just like Dafdaf. And they thought it was constipation but like people were saying it’s the tummy area not the intestine area.

Cookie The Hamster Is Bloated! - Ailments & Injuries - Hamster Hideout Forum

I will include a before and after picture of dafdaf. I didn’t share this initially as I don’t want people to see her in that state, but maybe it will help someone else in the future. She was just over a year old which is also the average age for Syrians to get tumours.

I did notice the before picture when she was on her back some pinkish spots? I only saw them after I looked back on the picture. She was so fluffy I wonder if maybe she did have signs but I didn’t see them.

Also every symptom matches a tumour, even the limp the day before apparently they do this as the tumour grows. I just thought she’d fell. I only felt the lumps on the day and I swear they weren’t there before.

I still don’t understand how it happened so quickly.

RIP my little dafdaf ❤️🐹
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Prolapse .JPG (1.15 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Constipation .JPG (88.3 KB, 2 views)
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote