View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 12:32 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: New hamster owner..worried

I am really sorry to hear it is definitely blood. But I am really glad he is going to the vets.

I think rule of thumb is if in doubt, take them to the vets. I had a hamster who recently passed away, I think of an underlying health condition. Like you though, I didn’t see any ill symptoms so I dismissed it. Mine had a limp the day before she passed away and I just thought she’d fell somewhere. And even that morning, she felt bloated but it wasn’t lumps like you see on the internet.

She was eating, drinking, she still had this limp and was sleeping more but nothing like thinking she’d actually pass away that night.

By the afternoon she blew up like a balloon (was too late to call the vets) and she sadly passed away I guess of an erupted tumour that had been an underlying health condition I hadn’t known about.

My point is (sorry blabbering!) hamsters are REALLY good at hiding pain and you can think nothing of it. So when something like this happens, it’s easy to dismiss small things. But there’s no point blaming yourself and a vet bill is better than a hamsters passing.

I hope he does get better. Wishing you both the best and finger crossed 🤞🐹
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote