View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 04:31 PM  
GhostBella
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hamster sleeping at night

Sounds normal mines the same she will get up at 5:30pm at 9pm she comes out for free roam for a couple of hours then when she gets put back in she will eat, drink, wheel and play with her beloved boxes! Its now 12:15am and shes gone to bed probably for a couple of hours as usual then she will get bk up and do her hamster thing! Usually 4/5am she will be back in bed untill i get up a 8am when shes still up waiting for her bit of toast from me (her favourite) then she"ll mooch around for half hr, then get ready for bed by having a good long drink, back up 5:30pm!
You will soon learn whats normal for urs regarding her times.

The sleeping arrangement belive it or not is normal too! Hamsters like switching and changing where they sleep thats why Bella now has 3 beds to choose from. Last week i found her asleep outside in her run in a box smaller than a can of coke! no bedding just a few pieces of care fresh she took in, made me laugh. I didnt want her to get cold so i got all her bedding she heard and smelt it woke up (11:30am) and as i started giving her the bedding she got excited and run 2 laps of her pen then was literally taking the bedding out my hand and making her own bed. I also put her big plastic hut over the top so she had a bedroom as the box shes choose is ridiculous!
Make sure the bed yours has isnt to small! Sounds contradicting after what Bella now sleeps in but if they only have 1 choice of bed and its to tight for them or they get to hot in there they wont use it!
GhostBella is offline   Reply With Quote