View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 02:57 PM  
GhostBella
Newborn Pup

Default Re: ill girl, any advice

The temperature has been dropping over the last coupl of days. How warm is ur house? Hamsters need to kept between 21°c and 25°c. Shes probably got cold kerp warming her with a hot water bottle but do not let her eat or drink untill shes warm! Give her fresh warm bedding and plenty of it. Make her bed as usual then put extra sleeping bedding outside her bed so she csn put more in her self if she needs it. I have 3 sleeping houses for mine all with bedding in them, i do this so she can choose the warmest or the coolest bed.
I also have a small fridge temperature thermometer level and next to her cage so i can check the temperature is right in her cage. Remember a sudden difference in animal's especially prey animals is a survival instinct not to look weak and easy prey! She could of been feeling cold for 24hrs yet u wouldnt of known.
Id put ur heating on and put her bed and new bedding material on a radiator warm it all up, make sure u have a deep level of cage litter and build it up around her bed preferably so u only have the entrance and roof visible. Get her warm first before putting her back it could take up to 3hrs to warm her depending on how long shes been cold!
GhostBella is offline   Reply With Quote