View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 09:34 AM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Tuftyfluff hamsters still in business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Are you actually in London or just outside? I've travelled a couple of hours to pick up a hamster before . Although that was by train. If going by car then it helps to have two of you, so the one in the passenger seat can hold onto the pet carrier. I always hold the pet carrier on my knee (as a passenger) with a blanket over it so it's cosy and dark and helps block out traffic noise and flashing lights etc. They usually just go to sleep Driving, two hours is a bit far though - to go and come back again. For you rather than the hamster.
Yeah it would be four hour total though, two hour one way. And I wouldn’t mind the journey so much if I knew the one I was getting was exactly what I wanted.
I’d prefer a young female as I have always had more luck with females. And really to know that it’s been checked by a vet already.

I’m actually based in Colchester. So centre of London is an hour and a bit away, so anything further than that will obviously take longer.

So far the closest rescue one is 70 miles one way, and is a young male. I wouldn’t decline him, but my partner also is funny about how large the males balls grow which I do understand. And if I got one I’d want to make sure it is wholeheartedly loved by both of us.

One woman from pets4homes has responded now who is close to me, with females, young. But I think she bred them, and both parents were from pet shops which makes me believe she hasn’t bred before, maybe doesn’t know what to look for ect.

I am asking some questions, but I’m being cautious.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote