View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 09:25 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Tuftyfluff hamsters still in business?

Gives you time to think of an ideal set up for another hamster What cage have you got? If you're thinking of rescuing, I would probably try and get a younger hamster or baby this time, so you get chance to tame them. Have you considered a roborovski? Completely different species - they're tiny and often not easy to tame but can be fun to watch and chat to.

After our first Syrian died I was so affected, I have kept two hamsters ever since. I find it works for me. If one passes you still have another little furry friend to look after that needs you. Which might sound selfish but it gives two hamsters a home I found having a syrian and a robo was better than having two syrians - different attention needs at different times.

As well as preloved there is pets4homes. You need to register on there to read contact details I seem to remember but it doesn't cost anything. You need to be careful on these sites though as some people say they are breeders but NHC breeders are unlikely to be advertising on there. Better to look for ones that need rehoming after a child lost interest eg (which is often when the hamster is still very young!).
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote