View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 12:34 PM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: I think my hamster has some health issues? I want to confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
It sounds like taming and familiarisation is going well. You can make a house from a cardboard shoebox . Just cut the base out, keep the lid for a lift off roof and cut a hole for a door. If it’s too big then a tissue box. Yes the bugs must be driving you crazy. They won’t do your hamster any harm - he might even see them as a tasty snack. Grooming is normal - they groom a lot.

I can only think it’s the food or something got missed during the cage clean and eggs hatched out. Yes try changing the house. Squish any bugs you see and maybe that will be the last of them.
Yeah, I guess I'll have to do something on my own during the weekend, because the plastic house thing isn't going to work out right now.
IMG 2134 - YouTube. It came with the cage and it's visibly too small for him. Also, I've been worried about his weight. Some say he's not fat, but just furry, but he was already big at the store, so I hope he's normal. I do give him 1 teaspoon per day and once I didn't give him food at all, yet he was still eating. Maybe feeding him over day is the best, because he's already a picky eater.

There were bugs again in his house. I couldn't see bugs in his nest, but I wasn't going to destroy it either.
I hope he's fine and healthy. He's my first hamster and I don't even know if he's using the wheel. All I see him doing is pretty much sleeping and eating and yesterday he was doing some hamster stuff and I wanted to see what he's doing and I turned the light on and he immediately went back to his house. So I just pray to god that he's healthy and everything's fine.

He still doesn't want to be on my hand unless I have food, but that's rather normal, because I've failed to tame him considering how much I've put him through.

I couldn't find nor see any bugs on him, but he won't let me touch him without running away, so I am not 100% sure.

Hamsters don't live very long, so I think I overworry too much, meaning that most of the time I think about him and look at him I'm trying to find out if he has health issues or if something is wrong. I should instead enjoy our time together. I'm sure I'd notice if there was something wrong with him, right? At least you told me you were worried about your first hamster as well and probably there are many others like me.
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote