View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 01:04 PM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: I think my hamster has some health issues? I want to confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
You could try the plastic house instead. It’s possible eggs were laid in crevices in wood items and they’re hatching out. When doing a full cage clean for things like this it usually means disinfecting wood items as well by baking them (or replacing them).

If your app says they’re bed bugs I guess that’s possible. Maybe they can live in carpets. But you said you haven’t seen them anywhere else. They don’t look like bed bugs though - if you Google bed bugs. But they do look like biscuit or grain weevils
I have never seen a bed bug in my life, but my body is clean and I haven't seen any of them. Why would they bully my hamster?
Are biscuit / grain weevils harmful for hamsters? I guess I should look around for a new house, because the plastic house is too little.
My hamster was rubbing his paws together like mr.burns and I was worried what it means and Google says that it means they're happy and feel secure with you. He does eat from my hand and I can touch him. Before I couldn't even touch him, because he startled a lot. I remember when I first touched him with the tip of my finger and he literally did a backflip. He only stays still on my hand while eating and sometimes tries to climb my arms. But to be fair, the plastic house that came with the cage is completely transparent and I could see the bugs. I hate putting my hamster through so much stress.
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote