View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 05:22 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Say hello to Pip (Aka Pipkin)

Saw Pip last night. I was up late to do Pickle's second lot of meds and Pip clearly couldn't wait any longer to come out. So he was out and about in his cage. Jumping in and out of his wheel. We had the odd little chat. Tried to give him a bit of porridge on a spoon - had just made the porridge for Pickle. But he ran away from that. Then came out again. Wasn't interested in the porridge (I left it in the cage in the end and he didn't eat it).

So a bit of hide and seek and venturing out again but the odd little chat. Every time I spoke to him he listened a bit then jumped in his wheel and ran so fast he flipped right over. So I think it scared him when I talked to him. So I left him to run normally in his wheel.

I still cannot believe how incredibly tiny he is - I don't think I've seen such a tiny robo before. Only had one before but seen plenty of photos of robos. He must be at least half the size of our last robo. Who was about average. Almost looks like a couple of weeks old baby size. I am thinking he must be a runt. If I'd known he was that small I would have thought twice about a narrower bar cage instead! But I think it's fine.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote